Sometimes the web hosting company you had chosen may not fulfill your web hosting requirements. While there are various reasons to change hosting companies, here are the 12 reasons to consider before changing hosting companies.
1) Reliability is one of the most common reasons to change hosts. If your website is down most of the time, it could be because the hosting company does their site maintenance at inconvenient times or because they don’t have the resources to ensure a reliable service. As the reason is the host’s problem, you may want to change hosts because of this inconvenience.
2)The price or rate of the host is the second reason to change hosts. While prices vary amongst web hosting companies, if you are not getting enough features or high quality services for the price you pay, you may want to change services.
3) Control or access is the third reason for changing hosts. This usually becomes an issue if you want more control over your server maintenance schedule and software updating or if you find that the web host does not offer shell access.
4) Another reason for changing hosts is if the web host does not provide the necessary resources for your website like disk space or bandwidth. This usually occurs when you move from a shared host to a VPS or dedicated server.
5)Customer support is another common reason for changing hosting companies. The lack of responsiveness from the customer support where you don’t receive their support when you need it or if it takes them days to respond to your inquiries is enough reason to change hosts.
6)Another customer support issue is the treatment you receive. Some hosting companies don’t place emphasis on their training staff to be courteous and helpful to their customers. As you are paying for their services, and you don’t receive it, then it’s better to change hosts to a host that treats you like a valued customer.
7) Insufficient passive customer support is another reason for many to change hosts. Passive support is the FAQ’s, help guides and community forums that hosts should provide their customers to help themselves. Lack of this feature in the host often leads to a loss of customers.
8) Some people want specific control panels like cPanel, an auto-installer or some software and if their host doesn’t provide it, they just switch to a web host that does.
9) Billing errors is not a major reason to change hosts as most companies remedy the situation immediately. However if the host fails to rectify things, then one considers changing hosts.
10) Some change hosts because the host is part of a package deal. Once the deal ends, they usually have to change hosts.
11) Server issue is another reason to change hosts. People who find their website down because their server does not provide a minimum standard of 99.9% uptime will think if changing hosts.
12) Speed is also a factor changing hosts where you find your sites are slow most of the time and often go down.
These are the 12 reasons to consider before changing hosting companies. If you find yourself suffering from any of these problems with